Friday, September 20, 2013

Full Moon



While I won't get too specific about what I do for a living (because I kind of really need to keep my job), suffice it to say that I work in the world of Health Care. It's an intersting job, it pays well and, most days, I really enjoy it. However, as the moon begins to get full, things get a little tricky. Strike that. People get monkey shit crazy. You would not even believe the phone calls that I have fielded the last few days and I only wish that I could give you the true details of them but I can't. Because it's a breach of confidentiality. But REALLY? These people are nuts!

Complaints about soup being too cold (since when is a hospital a hotel?), complaints about a visitor wearing a hat the "wrong way" (WHAT?), complaints about being "lonely" and wanting more "attention", complaints about being mistreated after SCREAMING profanities at the staff members. You wouldn't believe what doctors and nurses have to put up with these days and that's in the clinics. Don't even get me started on the Emergency Room Staff. Those people are SAINTS. I wouldn't last a minute down there. Not one minute.

So today, my co-workers and I, will have our eyes on the clock. Counting the minutes until the phones shut off at 4:00 pm. Hoping that the week-end will be sufficient time for the moon to stop being so damn full.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Got You