Wednesday, November 18, 2020

I've Got You

So a terrible thing happened. I can't really talk about it because it's not my story to tell but suffice it to say, it was awful. This "thing" required my attention, intervention and management. I was thrown into something that I had no idea how to handle and I was scared and overwhelmed. I really didn't think I'd be able to get ahold of it at all. But Jeff was there. He was there and he was calm. He knew what to do and how to do it. He took control of the situation and soon therafter, everything and everyone fell in line. He wasn't upset, he wasn't yelling and he wasn't mean. He assessed the situation, determined what needed to be done and then he did it. I am forever grateful. 

At one point in the night, after things had settled a bit, I was starting to fall asleep but I knew I had to stay awake to be sure everything was ok. He and I were sitting there together, at 2:30 am, trying to process and trying to stay on guard. He'd had two hours of sleep in the previous 48 hours so I knew he had to be tired. I told him he could go to bed but he refused. He said that I needed to go to bed and that he would keep watch. He said, "I've got this. You get some rest." And he sat there. In the dark. Exhausted but vigilant. And I've never felt so loved and cared for in all my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Got You