Friday, September 6, 2013

Llamas Don't Have it Easy Either

The kids are FINALLY back to school. The first week had some bumpy spots (Zoe is NOT a morning person) but, for the most part, we persevered. The paperwork pile is already over my head and I'm scrambling to check the kids' planners every night to be sure that I don't miss anything. At least not just yet. By December I'll feel that I have "proven myself" enough to the teachers to back it down a little. Still, it's a challenge to stay on top of it all right out of the starting gate.

I love teachers, I truly do. They are amazing, wonderful people who teach, love and instruct our children with patience and understanding. And they don't get paid nearly enough. So I really can't fault them for their (sometimes) passive-aggressive attempts to trip me up. (This could be a skewed perspective on my part perhaps?)

Yesterday, Zoe's planner listed "bring a sock to school tomorrow". Really? It didn't explain what the sock was for, what type of sock it should be or what would happen if you DIDN'T bring the sock. What if I hadn't checked the planner? Zoe would most likely be the only "sockless" kid in the class and it would ruin the rest of her year - girls are dramatic like that.

But I DID check the planner and I DID send the sock because I'm not going down that easy. Boo-ya.

The other day I was sitting out on my screen porch after a long day at work, just relaxing. I looked out at the goat pen and saw the following scene. Manny the llama, was quietly laying down in a nice patch of sand with just a hint of sunlight warming his back. He looked so peacful, calm and relaxed. His eyes were partially closed as if he were just having a nice little rest. Until.

Cheerio and Cammy (two of our goats) were nearby and were messing around. They were chasing and head-butting each other as they often do for fun. The fun got a little too raucous and FAR to close to Manny. Manny's ears went back and he raised his nose into the air as if to spit. Finally, Cheerio hit Cammy and sent her sprawling right into Manny and that's when the spitting began in earnest. I swear that I could hear him thinking "Can I just have ONE MINUTE of rest please?" "Why do I constantly have to deal with the two of you messing around?" "Don't I do enough for you that I deserve a little peace?"

It's a damn shame that goats don't go back to school too. Poor llama. I hear ya brother!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Got You