Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Snow!

The snow is absolutely beautiful today. Huge, fluffy flakes twirling and swirling by. Just makes me want to snuggle up with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate and call it a day. If only I was independently wealthy. Sigh.

I’m thrilled that the snow has FINALLY arrived though others, I admit, are not so thrilled. I am definitely a person of winter and I live in a house made for winter too so that kind of works out in my favor. I love to get the wood stove fired up and just get totally warm. And I love that I can put the kids’ wet snow clothes on a drying rack in front of the stove and be assured that they’ll be totally dry by morning. It works well for boots too which is a good thing because you would not believe what Max did to my boots the other day. I don’t even want to talk about it.

Of course, all this being said, I’m quite sure that Joe sent the kids to school without hats and mittens today. Not that it would be entirely his fault – finding matching mittens for the first snow from last years’ mittens supply is unlikely – but the fact remains. Zoe, though, is currently refusing to wear hats. My little “fashionista” has concerns about the detrimental effect it would have on her hair-do I guess. In second grade.

I need to try and dig up all the boots, winter coats and snow pants from last year to see if 1) we still have them 2) they still fit and 3) they’re in decent condition. Of course it stands to reason that I would wait until the first snowfall to do this. No sense planning ahead, I always say.

Rotating the kids’ clothes for the seasons isn’t one of my best skills so I’m inclined to put it off until the last possible moment. Not saying it’s right, I’m just saying. I tend to assume that the things that fit last year won’t fit this year so I should just get rid of them. Plus, there’s nowhere to store it all anyway. Those moms out there who are more organized than me (you know who you are) probably have everything labeled and put away in clear plastic bins. They could probably produce a pair of pajamas, from the bins, in any size and style you requested. Whatever. Like that’s important.

So if you see Zoe without a hat today, please remember that I'm not a bad parent - I just have a stubborn kid. Have a happy snowfall!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Got You