Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Dating after Divorce



If you thought dating the first time around - before marriage - was tough you will be AMAZED and OVERWHELMED at how difficult it is after divorce. So I'm sort of seeing someone. Sort of. I'm actually not really sure what we're doing or how to classify it or even what I really want. Let alone knowing what he wants. My friends are relentlessly teasing me about this. They can't believe that this guy is even willing to be in the same room with me based on my confusing and indecisive behavior.

Here is my friends impression of me talking to this guy:
"So, I want you to want me but not really want me too much. I want you to love me, but don't tell me that you love me, just love me from a distance so I know that you love me even though I don't think I want you to love me. I want you to be close to me but not too close. I don't want you to suffocate me but I want you to feel like you can't survive a day without me."

Not entirely true but pretty damn close. The poor guy spends most of our dates just looking at me like this:



And I can't really blame him. It's not easy to know what you want or to even know if you should want it or if you deserve to want it. I admit that it's confusing but I guess that's just where things are right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Got You