Thursday, July 18, 2013

Best. In-Laws. Ever.

My wonderful and amazing in-laws, Dave and Suzie, just returned from a five day trip to Drummond Island with my kids and two other kids as well. As they pulled into the driveway and the kids piled out of the car, Dave and Suzie looked just a little bit dazed and frankly, kind of pale.

Unfortunately, they had stopped at the Ponderosa two hours before arriving home and had "ok'd" the kids accessing the all you can eat, soft serve, ice cream bar. The last two hours of that ride probably took 10 years off their lives and I feel kind of bad about that. Still, I'm awfully grateful that I was NOT in that car.

During the trip up North, I spoke with the kids numerous times. Checking in, catching up, hearing about their day, etc. They were riding bikes, fishing, kayaking, boating and swimming. It's truly a kid's paradise up there.

I couldn't be more grateful for the gift of the kid free time. I love my kids, they are my whole world, but having someone take them off my hands for five days is sometimes exactly what I need. It was wonderful. And I got my kitchen painted. Best. In-Laws. Ever.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Got You