Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Proud Kitty

My insanely good hunting cat, "Mr. Bitters" (i.e. "Bitty" "Bit Bit"), just spent the last 10 minutes trying to give me a gift but it was not a gift that I wanted.  It was a (maybe) dead mouse.  Eeewwww.

Mr. Bitters was SO proud.  He followed me around with it, meowing and dropping it at my feet.  I ran from him yelling "Good Kitty" "Good Kitty" over my shoulder.  While I am pleased with him for catching the various critters that scurry around our place I'm all good with showing my approval from a (safe) distance.

Joe told me that Bitty presented him with a flying squirrel the other day (I'm trying not to be jealous that he only wanted to give me a half dead mouse). A flying squirrel!! First of all, I didn't even know we HAD those (totally gross - flying rodents) and second, how in the world did he actually catch one?? 

For as much as this cat spends his days laying around doing less than nothing, it's amazing to me that he can "turn it on" when needed and actually do something productive.

Now if I could just get him to stop stalking the chickens...


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Got You