Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Fresh Start....Tomorrow.

I awoke today with purpose.  I was ready to get my life back on track.  To get my health pulled together.  To start fresh.

I got up a little late - not too big a deal. Slightly rushed but not panicked.  I started to make myself some breakfast.  Hmmm. Bagels but no cream cheese. Cereal but no milk. Ok, ok, some days are like that. No big deal.  I decided that I was going to take my vitamins to get a good start on the day and to renew my health.  

Twenty minutes later I was throwing up in the library parking lot next to my car which, coincidentally, has the name of our business emblazoned all over it.  Nice.

I can't really recall the last time I threw up - thank goodness.  It's just awful, isn't it? When I was pregnant with Max I threw up ALL the time. I mean like 20-25 times a DAY. I got to the point where I could throw up anywhere at anytime and just keep moving.  I also got to the point where Joe would refuse to take me out to dinner because it was "a waste of money".  

But enough about that. I am not deterred. Still a little woozy, but not deterred.

One of the vitamins that I, ahem, relieved myself of this morning was a fish oil pill roughly the size of a baby's arm. The reason that I was taking a fish oil pill was because Joe suggested it. That conversation went a little something like this:

Joe: "Ok, here are the turnip greens I told you about. You can take them to her whenever."

Julie: "Turnip greens? Who am I taking them to?"

Joe: "Seriously? We talked about this yesterday. How can you not remember talking about this? I think you may have early dementia or something. Maybe you need to go to the doctor for help with this or maybe you should take some fish oil."

Let me clarify. My brain is at full capacity and yet more information (that I'm expected to retain) comes in every day. I need to remember to review homework, pack the lunches, make dinner, pick up the house, feed the animals, set up the MD appointments, go to the MD appointments, send out birthday cards, buy birthday gifts, pay the bills, balance the checkbook, worry about Christmas shopping, figure out Halloween costumes, remember where I'm supposed to be for Thanksgiving this year, watch the kids put on yet another trampoline "show", mow the lawn, clean the front porch, deliver produce, give the dog a bath (while she tries to bite me), go to the bank, get the groceries and cook dinner.

Joe has to take the garbage out on Fridays and sometimes he forgets.  And I need the fish oil?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Got You