Thursday, February 3, 2011

Jail Break

Had a little "situation" in the barn yesterday. Manny (the llama) and Phineas (the not-so-much-a-potbelly pig) broke into the barn. They have a stall inside the barn that leads to the outside so they can all get shelter and warmth. From there, there's a gate that keeps them from getting into the rest of the barn. Except in this case, it didn't.

We had just gotten a big load of hay (54 bales) so the barn was nice and full of fresh, green food for them. We aren't sure exactly how long the rampage had lasted but the toppled and destroyed bales left no doubt that it was long enough. As per usual, when I tried to get to the bottom of it I was met with stony silence. I think the pig may have grunted but you can bet he was just trying to implicate the llama. Either way, we're going to have some serious discussions about this in the days to come.

There will be consequences. Like maybe I won't love on them quite as much when I go out to feed. So that's 20 llama kisses instead of the usual 25. That should teach him a little something about who he's messing with. I expect this kind of thing from Phineas because, you know, he's a pig. But the llama? I am so disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Got You