Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ghost Hunter

Had a little bit of a situation going on last night. Max has been complaining that he feels afraid in his room at night. Not totally uncommon, to be sure. Still, acknowledgement was required. Upon further questioning he came up with some pretty scary stuff - feels like he's being watched, hears strange noises, etc. Beyond acknowledgement, that required action. I tend to run on the skittish side myself. I'm not usually one to head bravely into scary situations, but when you mess with my kids, well, all bets are off. Never having dealt with a ghost before, real or imagined, I headed into the room to take care of some business. I was armed with sage (for smudging) and crystals. I didn't really figure that this was something that warranted the use of holy water or anything and, to be fair, I'm not really authorized to use that anyway. (Methodists don't utilize holy water.) Could I sprinkle it with casserole? Methodists can rock a casserole... The whole point of this operation really was to make Max feel better. After much prayer, running dialogue and smoke (didn't really realize how smoky those sage sticks can get) the room was "clean", if not a little smelly. I explained the power of the crystals (but kind of made up their powers because I sort of forgot what they were) and Max was satisfied. But then of course, Zoe wanted her room cleaned too. A ghost hunters' work is never done...

1 comment:

  1. I've got some holy water if you need it.... Don't worry, Lutherans don't rock with it either, but we sure can make some KILLER sauerkraut! (;

    ReplyDelete

I've Got You