Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer Panic

Is the panic of summer setting in yet??? I'm feeling it for sure and I've been at work the last two days. Luckily, I'm at work today as well. Whew. Sitting here in my quiet, air conditioned office I actually get lulled into a false sense of hope that this summer will be different. That I'll run and play with the kids in the sprinklers, that we do a fun craft, that we'll have a lemonade stand. Riiiight.

I actually called a family meeting last night (complete with agenda) to discuss exactly how this summer is going to go. We negotiated bed times and punishments for name calling. We decided that we would set daily schedules so that everyone would know what was happening on any particular day. For instance, if the schedule says that we're going to the lake at 4:00, you don't need to start asking me at 9:00 am when we're going to the lake. It's at 4:00.

How are you faring on your end? Is your voice 2 octaves higher than it was when school was still in session? How many times have you heard the kids say "I'm bored"? Have you given up cleaning the kitchen altogether because someone ALWAYS wants a snack (even if it's right after a meal) and it's silly to clean when it will just get dirty again?

I need to make a "sanity plan" that involves sitting under a big, shady tree sipping iced tea while the kids play together (at someone else's house). If some vodka happens to fall into the tea, well, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Got You