Sunday, September 5, 2010

Not again...

Blast it. I've done it again. I've waited until the very last possible moment to go and gather the much needed (and anticipated) school supplies. But alas, I am too late. I cannot find a glue stick within a 30 mile radius and it is now certain that my children will be mocked because of it. Honestly, I'm just a little too tired to care. I mean, the mocking would be awful, but aren't there more important things in life than providing 12 glue sticks to one student - all at once? Will she really need all 12 sticks the first day? I think not. I can't just totally give up though. I will quest forth tomorrow, angry and a little bitter, to find said glue sticks. I also need to locate two sets of colored pencils that all the "good" parents already picked up. Seriously, when did everyone go out and get this stuff? If I really had it together, I'd have picked up the extra stuff last year, when it was on sale, but if you know anything at all about me, having it together isn't at the top of my "strengths" list. But, I refuse to beat myself up about this. I'll get the stuff - I always do. By hook or by crook, my daughter will have her 12 glue sticks in her new backpack on the first day of school. But I don't have to be happy about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Got You